Monday, March 24, 2008

Today's blog brought to you by the number seven

Interesting... the number seven has always seemed to go 'round the big wheel, coming back up again and again:

Seven days in a week
Seven brides for seven brothers
Seventh son of a seventh son
Lucky number seven

Seven hard hill repeats yesterday (plus three, okay so it was actually ten)

and so on and so on. And so it is again. The number has come up twice in different conversations/readings, this week and last. First, via Cliff and Boomer - two otherwise innocent individuals tagged to list seven random facts about themselves. If the second is as interesting as the first, it should not disappoint. Having spent a little time with Cliff, I'm sure it'll be brilliant.


Secondly, how many continents are there on Earth? Seven? North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia, Antarctica - woo-hoo! Didn't know if I'd be able to name them all. Now I don't think it's possible to triathlon on all seven continents (do you want to swim off Antarctica), but how about marathoning off all seven? And just to make it interesting, how about hitting all seven in the same year? What would that calendar look like?


Okay, wait a second. Let's just inject a smidgen of reality into that. Although it would be epic, and certainly cool it's not on any plan, short-term, long-term or otherwise, that I've ever seen of mine.


Instead of that, and in honour of my compatriots above, how about seven random things, interesting or not about me? Actually, never mind that. I'll save that for a future post, when I may actually have seven interesting things to list. I can't come up with them right now.


Peace.

No comments: