Monday, March 10, 2008

Carpe snow



I've fought it as long as I can. No longer can I rage against the pileup of the snow. If you can't beat nature, join 'em. This is how we spent the afternoon on Sunday. Mother Nature pounded us, and we pounded back. Pretty decent day, all told.


Week's workouts in review:


4 swim sessions - 240 min, 10 700m - given my recent mathematical shortcomings, I was taking no chances. The killer workout was Sunday - the last swim - 2 X 1000 TT. Absolutely fried for the rest of the day. The surprise is that I finished it, although if you follow the principle that states, "Never practice struggle" then I may have to confess to a little struggling at the end. To protect the innocent I'll avoid publishing the finish times. Let's just say that, early in the season I've established a baseline time that should be easily improved upon.


270 min bike - Coach Troy sure does love his standing mashes, doesn't he?

120 min run - light run week, partly recovery from the Chilly Half and partly because I blew off the last "long run" on Sunday after the swim.


This week is going to be a little tougher to get the hours in. March break is upon us. A little more creative planning will be required to get it all in. I'll let you know how it all works out.
Cheers.

1 comment:

Darren said...

Nice pic!

2X1k TT is a crazy ass tough workout. Was there much time difference between the two?

10.7k ....keep that up, you just might become a 'swimmer'!