Friday, March 14, 2008

Procrastination, and then not so much

An interesting paradox: how can you be putting something off, when you have nothing really to do?



I really should be taking this time to prepare for an upcoming "conversation" this afternoon; however, here I am. My rationale? How can one prepare for something, with no prior knowledge of what will be discussed or asked? Bit of a cop-out, sounds like to me, something like, "I don't know what work will be required, so I'm just not going to do any". Hmm, not so good. Certainly not the attitude I'd want expressed by my kids.



I've never been much good at preparation - for tests, speeches, meetings, etc. Maybe it's more accurate to say I've never much enjoyed preparation - the practice, the pre-work, the stretching, the warmups (I can hear Darren tsk-tsking right now). I've always been more about the "moment of truth", getting to the actual race, or heart of the matter, or whatever.



Alright, enough already. I've talked myself into it. I'm off to do, er, something. Further bulletins as events warrant.


THE FOLLOW-UP

Okay, so it's done. Wave one is finished. Wasn't so bad after all. Let's hope wave 1 turns into wave 2 sometime down the road. No more details - I know some of you will ask - but definitely a worthwhile "conversation". I think it went as well as could be expected, and as usual the nerves that led to the procrastination were unnecessary.

And on we go.

2 comments:

ryegrrrl said...

I am glad to see some new blogs....a "conversation"!!!!! Sounds like news!!!
Missing you at work. Did you check out that band?

Darren said...

Tsk Tsk... Ok enough from the peanut gallery.

Pray tell, what's the news??

You joining us on the 30th??