Sunday, November 25, 2007

Swimophobia? Not!

You see, this is why I haven't gotten back in the water (pool, freshwater or otherwise - bathtubs excepted) since August. My stroke looks like this!


YouTube - Grant Hackett Front Crawl Technique

Yeah, whatever. I wish. Check out the stretch and the "glide". Also, check out the fact that by the second half of the video, nobody else is in the frame. Shazam! He is just crushing and cruising - doesn't even look like he's working hard...

Working up the run frequency - the goal for next week is five runs. Now that it appears as though outdoor bike season might be dead ...sigh... I'm going to focus on the run in the dead winter months. Managed to get in three good ones this week (including a solid hill session yesterday) and meant to get out for the fourth, a long-ish run today, but with the Santa Claus parade (in Streetsville) and the usual weekend stuff, along with buying my first pair of non-athletic shoes in probably three years, the day just got away. Today is exactly 14 weeks away from the 2008 Chilly Half - still plenty of time .... hee, hee.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Aaron,

I sigh at the sight of snow and ice. I guess the biking season is over. Nuts :0

Darren said...

Yup, officially put the bike on the trainer. :/

*Gives Aaron a nudge about the run club*. Do it bro.

Half Ironman is only 8 weeks away.. muahaha