Thursday, November 15, 2007

Season is coming together

The schedules are starting to come out, so next season is starting to come together. The Chilly Half (a tradition) is March 2. Then there's a big gap to Peterborough on July 6 and Ironman Muskoka 70.3 September 14. Those are the first events filled in to the calendar. I'm also interested in the Ride to Conquer Cancer, a 2-day, 200km ride over the weekend of June 22.




I need to work on my run endurance, definitely. I want to go sub-1:30 at the Chilly Half, which would be at least a five-minute improvement over my current record. I'd like to also run another marathon next year, but can't really decide whether to put one into the schedule early (Mississauga, in May) or late (PEC, or Toronto, both in October). Maybe in a non-full Ironman year, earlier is an okay option. Another reason that later is probably not better is my wife's plan for January 2009 - the Goofy challenge, as in "you have to be goofy to attempt this".



Later!

1 comment:

Cliff said...

I ran Chilly for the past two years and it is always good weather. The course is super flat. If there is no winter storm, a PB is very doable.

I heard this year they are blocking the whole road (as oppose to one lane).

I am going to do ATB instead.