Wednesday, April 29, 2009

After 30-plus years of dysfunctionality...

Last weekend was a mini-family reunion, and it was actually, surprisingly very enjoyable.   It's not always automatically the case when talking about family events, but seeing so many of the cousins, and now their generation of kids was a great time.  I saw cousin Jamie, who I believe was seven years old last time I saw her and looked like a seven-year old boy.  Now, she's a very pretty nineteen year old young woman (?!?).  I can't say these things to her face - she'll just plick my ear again (after forty-five or fifty ear plicks, it starts to hurt a little).
I saw cousin Vanessa (Jamie's sister) who was patient enough to let my two-year old nephew Cameron roam around the house taking pictures with her digital camera.  She ended up with over seven hundred pictures in one day.  I bet at least six hundred and eighty of them are of knees, butts, ankles, coffee tables and Cameron's thumb (hey he's two after all).
I saw Kelly and Kerry and all the rest of their kids, and Jenn and Pam and Trevor, and my brother and sister and all the rest.

The stinkeye goes out to the cousins who didn't make it, even those with four daughters.  Yes, you know who you are.

Not so much training info in this post.  This weekend was more about mental health training. Everything is now A-okay on that.

More training info tomorrow, after I finish my taxes.  Yes, it's that time of year - BOHICA.

Peace

No comments: