Thursday, April 16, 2009

The humble inner tube, or getting tied up

So I've finally managed to get back into the pool semi-regularly.  That statement may not on the surface have anything to do with the title of this post, but it does.  I have learned of a use for the pile of flat inner tubes in my garage.  They are great swimming aids, if cut to the right length.  A 1-to-2 foot length, tied in a loop and looped around the ankles is a great support for pull sets.

This is not new.  I've read this advice before, and I'm sure others have as well, but until you try it you have no idea how much of a difference this makes in swimming.  Before this, I am ashamed to say, I was a cheater!!!  I must have been.  It's the only explanation for the sudden lack of flotation in my, ahem, posterior.  Cheater!  Cheater!  Cheater!  Now, no more.  I must pull harder to keep the junk in the trunk near the surface.

Getting back to the actual cycling role for the inner tube, check out the seven deadly spins.  Another beauty brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Chuckie.  These look like beauties.  They'll be getting worked into my schedule.

Now, back to the pool.

Peace.

No comments: