Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Stop the presses!!

Yep, the world's rotation can stop. The Maple Leafs have solved all, and I do mean all their problems. The sky is a little bluer, the birds are chirping a little more cheerfully, everyone has more of a spring in their step. This morning, the Maple Leafs dealt Wade Belak off to Florida for a millionth-round draft pick. Okay, so I give Cliff Fletcher credit for finding someone who would actually give up an asset for Wade Belak?!? Even worse - I was on the treadmill this morning, suffering through an hour of analysis on the "Trade Deadline" show. Please - this is newsworthy? We were subjected to such epic pieces of information as, "it's exactly 122 steps from the home dressing room to the visitor's dressing room in the Bell Centre (in Montreal). I tell you, my life can continue, now that I know that.



Rant off....on to more training. As mentioned, got in the run this morning. Also got in a solid drill-focused swim. Now that I don't have access to the weight room at the "old office" anymore, can't really be making any more excuses to not swim. In other words the swim, which has always been the "third" of the three sports, is going to fall even farther behind, unless I take drastic action (i.e. swim more, a lot more). So more is what I'm planning to do.



Packing it in - gotta get ready for the K-Dog, coming down to visit this week. Funny story - his mother, after hearing about my sudden "free time" thinks I should join the fire department, following in the footsteps of my younger brother. She's even gone so far as to offer to "break off" a chunk of land on their property, to allow us to move up north and build a house next door, so I can become a fireman. Tempting to be sure, but I think I'll stick it out down here for just a little while longer. Gotta love her. :)

Peace.

No comments: