Monday, May 12, 2008

A new leaf?

First the week in review:

Swim - 3100m - very light week - focused elsewhere and lost a day to "Mother's weekend"
Bike - 258.3 km - over 9-1/2 hours in the saddle including two separate century+ rides. For me, that's a pretty monster ride week.
Run - 22 km - way down. The achilles tendon has flared up again. I'm going to get it checked out this week - put it off long enough.

So, the new leaf. Today's the day. First day of training in the new job. It's been a long time since I had one of these "first days". Feels a little bit like the first date jitters. Will I like them? Will they like me? Will we all like the same movie? and on and on and on...

Every day is a new opportunity, so I'm going into this heads up, with the eyes open, ready to hopefully learn new things and try new things. I suppose we'll see how it goes. Further reports to follow.

Just a short post today. For the first time in a while, I actually have to go get ready for work.

Peace.

1 comment:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Firsts are exciting!
Im sure you'll do great:) You seem like you have a great attitude:D