Sunday, May 10, 2009

Open water swimming

Read this in jono's blog the other day and it got me interested in some open water swimming.  I just might give this a go on one weekend this summer.  This is interesting to me, since the swim is the leg of the race that  I find the hardest to get out and train for and the most work on race day.  I used to be a semi-competitive swimmer, but perhaps the fifteen years' downtime in between events caused me to lose the edge somewhat?  Nonetheless, it is not like riding a bike (well, duh).  I found a few open water event listings for this summer.  I'm giving this some thought, and considering working it into the schedule.

And two last shout-outs to my man Cliff who blazed the Mississauga half today in a PB 1:38 - woot!  And to my other sometime training partner Darren, who I guess has put a little more work into his run since the Chilly - double woot!




Peace.

1 comment:

Darren said...

Don't know why, but everytime I've run Mississauga, I've PB'd. Sort of a tradition. :)

Hope training is going awesome.. that open water swim sounds interesting.
Cheers bro,
Darren