Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The honey-do list, mental hurdles

And we're not talking about melons here.


Everybody knows about this. Everybody has had one. Everybody has been on one. And everybody has, at one time or another watched in suprise, shock and awe and it grew to heretofore unmeasurable lengths and proportions.


I am speaking, of course about the "honey-do" list (this blog is PG-rated - what did you think I was talking about?!?)


As mentioned in previous posts I'm going back to work again, starting next week. Given my newfound stable state of mind (well, relatively speaking) I had planned one big bang of a week of workouts to celebrate and to get back into the routine of routine training after a month of uncertainty.

So far this week I've traded tried to repair and ultimately had to replace one broken deadbolt. I've painted baseboards throughout the house and completely repainted the deck in the backyard. I figure I'm about halfway through the list. The trade-off: to date one swim, one ride (albeit a hillacious one) and two runs.

The mental hurdles arise when contemplating whether I've been off the training for so long that it may all be lost. After getting back after it today, it doesn't appear to be completely gone. Relief.

Now, less talk. More train.

Peace.

No comments: