Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 7

The new work schedule is not really helping the training schedule at all. It's a constant juggle to keep up some semblance of training while jumping back and forth between day and night shifts. This will be the last training post for a few days as I get ready to go in on night shift over the weekend.

Wednesday: good run, 4 X 1 mile - repeats at 6:30/mile.
Thursday - long swim, 7 X 500m with rest enough to keep the form good. Could barely lift my arms at the end of that mashfest.
Friday - planned to swim again this morning, but barely got in 1500m before I could hardly move - I guess the long day yesterday took more out of today's early season arms than I thought. Also doubled up this afternoon - 90 min spin, with 2-3 5 minute sessions in 53x12 gear standing. Good leg burn, although I'm not sure how wise this was right before a 12-hour shift.

233 days to go.

Peace.

No comments: