Friday, September 5, 2008

Not posting much

PMH update: check here. Avoid the rush, and get in on the raffle before all the good pool spots are taken. If you don't know what this is, check the post below this one. Forty-four days to go, 31% done.

Been just too busy doing other stuff. Had a massive ride last weekend - broke the century mark again, and almost got a speeding ticket on the bike. I was bombing down the hill on Cedar Springs Rd. from Kilbride (like, everyone knows where that is, right?). I took a peek at my speedometer and saw that I hit 64.8 km/h. As I looked up I saw a posted limit sign of 50km/h and then what to my wondering eyes did appear, but the long arm of the law, Officer Friendly, Smokey. Attached to the end of his long arm was a radar gun, pointed right at me. With headphones on, I blew right past him and saw his lips moving saying, "Too fast!!!" About 100m further on up the road the descent becomes a nasty little switch-backing, blind cornered ascent where he could have caught me on foot to issue the speeding ticket. I guess he figured that catching up to a speeding vehicle on foot defeated the purpose.

More running and riding this weekend - hopefully posting updates.

Peace.

No comments: